The Pikes Peak Workforce Center brings employers and job seekers together to participate in an On-the-Job Training (OJT) Program. OJTs help job seekers bridge the gap between their current skills and the skills employers are seeking. It gives job seekers the opportunity to improve and/or gain new skills while being employed and earning a regular paycheck. Qualified job seekers for this program must be unemployed for at least 19 weeks. Please see eligibility requirements below:
- Must be a dislocated worker (see definition below)
- Must be a citizen of the U.S. or eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must be a current resident of El Paso or Teller County
- Must be 18 years +
- Must be registered with Selective Service (males born January 1, 1960 or after only)
- Receiving or exhausted unemployment benefits due to a layoff
- Must have been unemployed at least 19 weeks