Question: How does the PPWFC help veterans find work?
Answer: We assist veterans in their job search by matching qualified veterans to current openings, providing technical guidance on creating resumes that get noticed, advice on interviewing, sponsoring hiring events and job fairs, as well as providing a whole host of other workshops.

Question: Does the PPWFC have any veteran training programs?
Answer: The PPWFC administers the U.S. Department of Labor’s Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), for El Paso and Teller counties. WIOA is not for veterans only, but veterans are entitled to priority of service. Your first step in learning more about WIOA is to visit with a PPWFC Career Consultant.

Question: How can I learn more about services and programs available at the PPWFC?
Answer: To learn more about services and programs available at the PPWFC, please attend an Intro to PPWFC Orientation workshop. To reserve a seat, Log into your account, click on Workshops on the top of the page, and then click on Upcoming Workshops.

Question: Does the PPWFC maintain a list of “veteran” jobs?
Answer: No. Federal and state law requires all jobs posted through a State Workforce Agency like the PPWFC to be open to all qualified job seekers. Veterans are given priority which means they are referred first to job openings.

Question: Does the PPWFC have U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) reps on staff?
Answer: No. The PPWFC is funded by the U.S. Department of Labor. We are not a benefit or healthcare agency.

Question: I have questions about my G.I. Bill benefits. Who can help me?
Answer: The G.I. Bill is administered through the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs. You can reach them at 1-800-827-1000, 1-888-442,4551, or at

Question: How do I get a copy of my DD214?
Answer: Most veterans can obtain a copy of their DD214 through the National Records Personnel Center. Their customer service line is (314) 801-0800.

Question: Who can help me submit a disability claim with the VA?
Answer: El Paso County Veteran Service Office (VSO). To make an appointment, call 719-520-7750.

Question: Can I file an Unemployment Claim through the PPWFC?
Answer: No. You can file an unemployment claim at You may use a computer in our career center to file, but the PPWFC is not the Unemployment Office.

Question: I’m receiving unemployment now or recently filed and have questions concerning my claim. Who can help me?
Answer: You can speak to an unemployment customer service representative by calling 800-388-5515. Additionally, you can visit our offices to use a directly-connected computer to have an online chat with a representative from the Unemployment Office.