(WIOA) Opportunity Act for Young Adults in Pikes Peak Region
What’s Your Next Move? Our Young Adult Team is here to help!
The Workforce Opportunity Act (WIOA) Young Adult Program is designed to assist Young Adults 16 through 24 years old with barriers to employment and education achieve their goals in these areas. If eligible through one or more of the categories listed below, participants will receive intensive case management by a Workforce Career Counselor to create an individualized strategy that identifies steps toward a successful future.
Participants enrolled in this program can take advantage of the 14 core services
. These services are:
ELIGIBILITY FOR OUT-OF-SCHOOL YOUTH SERVICES:
- Paid and Unpaid Work Experiences
- Tutoring, Study Skills Training, Dropout Prevention Strategies
- Occupational Skills Training
- Alternative Secondary School offerings/Dropout Recovery Services
- Comprehensive Guidance and Counseling
- Integrated Education and Occupational Training
- Financial Literacy Education
- Entrepreneurial Skills Training
- Leadership Development Activities
- Supportive Services
- Adult Mentoring
- Follow-up Services
- Post-secondary Preparation
- Labor Market Information
A. Age 16 to 24 and not attending school
B. Fall within one or more of the following categories:
HOW TO APPLY:
- Individual with a disability
- Did not complete high school
- A high school graduate who is: basic skills deficient; low income, or an English language learner.
- Justice Involved
- Homeless, runaway, or foster child
- Pregnant or parenting
- A low-income individual who requires additional assistance to enter or complete an educational program or to secure or hold employment
In order to apply you MUST HAVE AN ACCOUNT IN CONNECTING COLORADO create an account.
To learn more about the WIOA Young Adult Program and sign up for an upcoming orientation,
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL: (719) 667-3860