Skillful Talent Series Workshops
SKILLFUL® Talent 101: Attract the Right Talent
Is a tight market stopping you from filling positions? These unfilled positions cost companies like yours an average of $800,000 a year. Most companies make the problem worse with the requirements they hire for, eliminating more than 95% of possible applicants. Join us for a new approach to filling positions! At Skillful Talent 101: Attract the Right Talent, you’ll learn how to:
- Hire highly skilled people to increase your company’s productivity
- Attract great candidates to those hard-to-fill positions
- Diversify your team by reducing bias and barriers during recruitment
Don’t let factors outside your control prevent you from hiring a great staff. By focusing on skills, not credentials, you’ll fill those hard-to-fill positions, reduce time to hire, and increase your company’s diversity.
SKILLFUL® Talent 102: Candidate Evaluation
Your company can’t afford the risk of making bad hiring decisions. Yet, traditional approaches to interviews might leave you uncertain on applicants’ ability to do the job. Even before the interview, many companies eliminate 30% of qualified candidates during screening. Join us to build an evaluation process that differentiates those good for the job from those just good at interviewing. In Skillful Talent 102: Candidate Evaluation, you’ll learn how to:
- Build a screening process that is inclusive to all qualified applicants
- Ask interview questions that get to what impacts your bottom line
- Use assessments to ensure you hire people who get the job done
Skills are the best predictor of success for new hires. Make sure your hiring process gives you certainty applicants have the skills needed at your company.
SKILLFUL® Talent 103: Selection and Onboarding
Not being able to find people with the right skills, or the skills gap, is a main reason why companies are unable to fill positions. While the onboarding process is key to filling the skills gap, often it is entirely administrative. A lack of development during onboarding often means new employees are left to teach themselves what’s needed for the job, resulting in an average of one year before they’ve mastered their job. Join us for a new approach to your onboarding that fills positions and improves your retention. In SKILLFUL® Talent 103: Selection and Onboarding learn how to:
- Identify skills gaps during the hiring process to determine the appropriate onboarding process
- Develop onboarding processes that develop new hires to fill your skills gaps and increase staff productivity
- Evaluate and reduce biases during selection to create an equitable hiring process
A structured onboarding approach was found to increase the likelihood that a new hire will stay for three years longer than their counterparts by 69% according to the SHRM Foundation.
SKILLFUL® Talent 104: Employee Retention
Outside hires take three years to be as productive in the same job as someone promoted internally. Yet, only 7% of people advance within a company. Developing and promoting within is a missed opportunity for most companies to increase retention, productivity, and fill positions anywhere in the company. Join us to create new approaches to grow people within your company. In SKILLFUL® Talent 104: Employee Retention learn how to:
- Identify and grow the skills your staff needs as your company changes and grows
- Create opportunities for development and advancement to improve productivity and retention
- Make confident promotion decisions based on the skills needed in the new job
When looking to fill a new position, don’t overlook great candidates already working for you.