The Pikes Peak Workforce Center connects vital businesses with work-ready job seekers and employer-driven services. We help residents of El Paso and Teller Counties with career transition, whether they are unemployed, underemployed, or employed.
Services for Job Seekers include:
- Resume Reviews If you have a current resume and you’d like some feedback, sign up for a 45-minute Resume Review. We offer these on Tuesday afternoons and Friday mornings. Click here for Resume Review registration.
- Mock Interviews Practice your interview skills and gain confidence in this 45-minute, one-on-one Mock Interview. (Pre-requisite: Must have a current resume and job posting.) We offer these on Tuesday afternoons and Friday mornings. Click here for Mock Interview registration.
- Training opportunities for in-demand occupations.
- Career Guidance Are you interested in On-the-Job Training, Internship, or Apprenticeship opportunities? Or perhaps you need assistance with training, certification, and/or licensure. If you’re ready for your next step, speak with one of our Workforce Development Specialists to discuss your options! These Career Guidance sessions are available on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month. (Registration opens one week prior.) For more info or to register, click here.
Get help selecting a new career, finding a new job, and locating suitable education or training.
Technology transforms basic research and development to enable new products, new processes, and new worlds of work. Learn about new opportunities in biotechnology, information technology, nanotechnology, photonics, and other areas.
High Growth Initiatives
New job opportunities exist in a number of high growth, high demand sectors of Colorado’s economy. Economically vital fields like healthcare, information technology and biotechnology have good jobs and solid career paths for qualified individuals.
Occupation Information; Industry Information; State Information; and Career Tools
Planning is essential for a successful career or job change. Online resources are available to assess your interests and aptitudes, explore career options, research industry sectors and wage trends, find education and training or build a resume or portfolio.
Find Occupations, Skills Search, Crosswalk Search, Tools and Technology Search,
Helps current and prospective nurses understand and explore specializations within nursing.
Eligibility for PPWFC Job Seekers assistance:
- Must set up an account in www.connectingcolorado.com
- Must be U.S. Citizen or eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- If male born on or after January 1, 1960, must have registered for Selective Service
- Must be a resident of El Paso or Teller County
- Must have financial need for tuition assistance but have means to manage personal expenses while in school
- Education/training program must be approved on Colorado Department of Labor’s Eligible Training List (https://eligibility.coworkforce.com/eligibility).
- Must be within 18 months or 3 semesters of completing education/training program and have at least a 2.0 GPA (Not applicable for truck driving program)
- Veterans and eligible spouses receive priority