Funds for Job Training in Colorado Springs
Maybe you are not ready to look for work yet because you are completing a training program to upgrade your skills or change career fields. Through the Federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), the Pikes Peak Workforce Center may be able to assist you with tuition, fees, books, and licensure costs if you are training in one of the following high-demand fields:
- Software Engineers
- Example Certifications: .Net, C#, Java, Ruby on Rails, SQL certifications
- Bachelors in Computer Science
- Systems Engineers
- Example Certifications: CCNA, ACE, PMP
- Systems Administrators
- Example Certifications: Linux, Unix, and Microsoft Exchange Server
- Cyber Security
- Registered Nurses
- RN, BSN preferred
- Physical Therapists & Physical Therapy Assistants
- Medical Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Radiological Technologists
- Example Certifications: CAD, QA testing, LEAN and Six-Sigma
- Degree programs in Electrical Engineering
Apprenticeship and Mechanical Occupations
- Local Apprenticeship Programs – lineman, plumbing, sheet metal, electrical
- Over-the-Road Truck Driving (CDL Certification)
- ASE Certification (Automotive Service Excellence)
To qualify for training assistance, you must be within 18 months or 3 semesters of completing your degree or certificate.
All training institutions and programs must be approved by the State of Colorado. To determine if your training institution and program are approved by the State, please check the Eligible Training Provider list.
THINKING OF GOING BACK TO SCHOOL?
If you are thinking of going to school be sure to do your research BEFORE you commit to a program. These links provide information that may help you avoid a costly mistake.