Funds for Job Training in Colorado Springs
Maybe you’re not ready to look for work yet because you’re completing a training program to upgrade your skills or change career fields. Through the Federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), the Pikes Peak Workforce Center may be able to assist you with tuition, fees, books, and licensure costs.
HOW TO APPLY:
Are you interested in On-the-Job Training, Internship, or Apprenticeship opportunities? Or perhaps you need assistance with training, certification, and/or licensure. If you’re ready for your next step, speak with one of our Workforce Development Specialists to discuss your options!
Eligibility for PPWFC Program Services:
- Must set up an account in www.connectingcolorado.com
- Must be U.S. Citizen or eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- If male born on or after January 1, 1960, must have registered for Selective Service
- Must be a resident of El Paso or Teller County
- Must have financial need for tuition assistance but have means to manage personal expenses while in school
- Education/training program must be approved on Colorado Department of Labor’s Eligible Training List (https://www.cotrainingproviders.org/#).
- Must be within 18 months or 3 semesters of completing education/training program and have at least a 2.0 GPA (Not applicable for truck driving program)
- Veterans and eligible spouses receive priority