Find a Job in Colorado Springs
Creating an Account in Connecting Colorado
To access resources, services, and training opportunities at the Pikes Peak Workforce Center, you must first create an account in the state job database, Connecting Colorado.
You will not be able to use our services until you create your account. If you have a computer with high-speed connection, you can create your account from home. If not, you can create your account at our main office or at any of PPWFC's satellite offices. The main office is located at Citizens Service Center, 1675 Garden of the Gods Road, Colorado Springs, 80907; satellite offices are located in Calhan, Cripple Creek, Fountain, Mt. Carmel, S.E. YMCA, and Woodland Park.
After creating your account, you will receive a scan card that allows you access to our facilities. If you create your account from home, when you come to the office tell the receptionist that you have created your account in Connecting Colorado she or he will give you a scan card.
To register, you will need:
1. Your social security number (You are a New Job Seeker)
2. You will be asked to set up a password so think of something that is easy for you to remember.
3. Your contact information including an email address. Please do not use a Yahoo address because Yahoo blocks our messages to you about job openings. If you don’t have an email address, please set one up on one of the free sites: Hotmail.com; Google email, etc.
4. Your work history
5. If you were in the military, information about your military service, including date of enlistment and separation.
6. The type of work you are seeking (you can put in 4 different job categories or job titles)
7. Your skills (You can enter an unlimited number of skills. It is important that you enter as many as possible.)
Be sure to click on the continue button at the bottom of each page.
At the end of the process you will come to an Equal Opportunity page. Your registration is not complete until you click on the “I understand” button at the bottom of this page. You should then get a message, “You are now registered.”
If you are in the office, don’t forget to pick up your scan card.
To start to create your account, click here.
Once you have created your account in Connecting Colorado, we recommend you sign up for the following workshops:
(1) Building A Basic Resume (if you do not currently have a resume or have not done a resume in quite some time) or Create A Better Resume (for tips on how to improve an existing resume)
These workshops will help you prepare to conduct an efficient job search.