Laid Off/Dislocated Workers, Colorado Springs


Laid Off/Dislocated Workers in Colorado Springs

If you've lost your job and need help with the cost of occupational training to find a new job--you've come to the right place! 
Basic Eligibility Criteria:
  • U.S. Citizen or eligible to work in the U.S.
  • At least 18 years of age
  • If you are a male born on or after January 1, 1960, you must be registered for Selective Service
  • Must be a resident of El Paso or Teller County
­­ If you meet these Basic Eligibility Criteria and you can answer YES to ANY of the questions below, you may be eligible for training funds!
I am a veteran or a veteran’s spouse; I have recently received public assistance, am considered low-income or underemployed.              
I am a spouse of an active duty service member; I've lost my job due to a change in duty station; or received a notice of termination or layoff from employment.
I am a service member who is transitioning out of the service (within 12 months of separating or 24 months of retirement), or I have recently separated from the military.

I have been terminated or laid off; received a notice of termination or layoff from employment and I am eligible for or have exhausted entitlement to unemployment compensation
I have experienced the loss of employment due to a plant closure, substantial layoff or business closure.

If you have lost your job or are transitioning military or a military spouse and need more information about this program, please contact Michelle Moore at or 719-667-3832.