Funds for Job Training in Colorado Springs
Maybe you are not ready to look for work yet because you are completing a training program to upgrade your skills or change career fields. Through the Federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), the Pikes Peak Workforce Center may be able to assist you in On-the-Job Training, Internship, Apprenticeship, or tuition, fees, books, and licensure costs if you are training in one of the following high-demand fields:
- Software Engineers
- Example Certifications: .Net, C#, Java, Ruby on Rails, SQL certifications
- Bachelors in Computer Science
- Systems Engineers
- Example Certifications: CCNA, ACE, PMP
- Systems Administrators
- Example Certifications: Linux, Unix, and Microsoft Exchange Server
- Cyber Security
- Registered Nurses
- RN, BSN preferred
- Physical Therapists & Physical Therapy Assistants
- Medical Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Radiological Technologists
- Example Certifications: CAD, QA testing, LEAN and Six-Sigma
- Degree programs in Electrical Engineering
Apprenticeship and Mechanical Occupations
- Local Apprenticeship Programs – lineman, plumbing, sheet metal, electrical
- Over-the-Road Truck Driving (CDL Certification)
- ASE Certification (Automotive Service Excellence)
To qualify for training assistance, you must be within 18 months or 3 semesters of completing your degree or certificate. For further eligibility requirements, click here.
All training institutions and programs must be approved by the State of Colorado. To determine if your training institution and program are approved by the State, please check the Eligible Training Provider list.
HOW TO APPLY:
The Pikes Peak Workforce Center offers intensive job search assistance and assistance with costs related to the completion of a degree or certificate to help get you back into the workforce quickly.
- Are you overwhelmed trying to manage all of the components of an effective job search?
- Has it been years since you've had to look for a job?
- Are you struggling with the new ways of searching for employment?
- Individual employment action planning
- Resume Review
- Mock interviews
- Case management and advocacy
- Other services to assist with job search