Laid Off/Dislocated Workers
If you’ve lost your job and need help with the cost of occupational training to find a new job–you’ve come to the right place!
Veterans and eligible spouses will receive priority.
“Dislocated Worker” means an individual who lost a job due to:
1. Plant closure – Employee has been terminated or has received an individual notice of termination resulting from any permanent closure of a plant, facility or enterprise.
2. Substantial Layoff – Employees affected by a reduction in force which results in an employment loss at a single site of employment for at least 25% of the employees (excluding employees regularly working less than 20 hours per week).
3. Layoff/UI/Unlikely to Return – Employee has been laid off or received notice of layoff AND is eligible to apply for or has exhausted entitlement to Unemployment Compensation AND is unlikely to return to previous occupation or industry.
4. Self-employed – Individual was self-employed and is now unemployed (or in the process of going out of business as a result of general economic conditions in the area of residence or as result of natural disasters).
5. Public Announcement of Plant Closure – The process by which a company or other employer makes the general public aware of a plant closing, military base closure. etc. The announcement must include a projected closure date and be verifiable.
6. Displaced Homemaker – An individual who has been providing unpaid services to a family member in the home; who has been dependent on the income of another family member but is no longer supported by that income; and someone who is unemployed or underemployed and is experiencing difficulty in obtaining or upgrading employment.
Basic Eligibility Criteria:
- U.S. Citizen or eligible to work in the U.S.
- At least 18 years of age
- If you are a male born on or after January 1, 1960, you must be registered for Selective Service
- Must be a resident of El Paso or Teller County
If you meet the basic requirements above and you can answer YES to ANY of the questions below, you may be eligible for training funds!
I am a veteran or a veteran’s spouse; I have recently received public assistance, am considered low-income or underemployed.
I am a spouse of an active duty service member; I’ve lost my job due to a change in duty station; or received a notice of termination or layoff from employment.
I am a service member who is transitioning out of the service (within 12 months of separating or 24 months of retirement), or I have recently separated from the military.
I have been terminated or laid off; received a notice of termination or layoff from employment and I am eligible for or have exhausted entitlement to unemployment compensation
I have experienced the loss of employment due to a plant closure, substantial layoff or business closure.
To find out if you qualify for assistance with this program, please contact Michelle Moore at email@example.com or 719-667-3832.