The Pikes Peak Workforce Center brings employers and job seekers together to participate in an On-the-Job Training (OJT) Program. OJTs help job seekers bridge the gap between their current skills and the skills employers are seeking. It gives job seekers the opportunity to improve and/or gain new skills while being employed and earning a regular paycheck. Qualified job seekers for this program must be unemployed for at least 19 weeks. Please see eligibility requirements below:
- Must be a dislocated worker (see definition below)
- Must be a citizen of the U.S. or eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must be a current resident of El Paso or Teller County
- Must be 18 years +
- Must be registered with Selective Service (males born January 1, 1960 or after only)
- Receiving or exhausted unemployment benefits due to a layoff
- Must have been unemployed at least 19 weeks
“Dislocated Worker” means an individual who lost a job due to:
1. Plant closure – has been terminated or has received an individual notice of termination resulting from any permanent closure of a plant, facility or enterprise.
Must provide layoff letter written on employer’s letterhead.
2. Substantial Layoff – employees affected by a reduction in force which results in an employment loss at a single site of employment for at least 25% of the employees (excluding employees regularly working less than 20 hours per week).
3. Layoff/UI/Unlikely to Return – has been laid off or received notice of layoff AND is eligible to apply for or has exhausted entitlement to Unemployment Compensation AND is unlikely to return to previous occupation or industry.
If you meet the above requirements, please contact EhvaLynn at email@example.com.