The Pikes Peak Workforce Center connects vital businesses with work-ready job seekers and employer-driven services. We help residents of El Paso and Teller Counties with career transition, whether they are unemployed, underemployed, or employed.
Services for Job Seekers include:
- Job Search activities including workshops and networking groups
- Career Guidance
- Training opportunities in demand occupations.
Technology transforms basic research and development to enable new products, new processes, and new worlds of work. Learn about new opportunities in biotechnology, information technology, nanotechnology, photonics, and other areas.
New job opportunities exist in a number of high growth, high demand sectors of Colorado's economy. Economically vital fields like healthcare, information technology and biotechnology have good jobs and solid career paths for qualified individuals.
Occupation Information; Industry Information; State Information; and Career Tools
Planning is essential for a successful career or job change. Online resources are available to assess your interests and aptitudes, explore career options, research industry sectors and wage trends, find education and training or build a resume or portfolio.
Find Occupations, Skills Search, Crosswalk Search, Tools and Technology Search,
Helps current and prospective nurses understand and explore specializations within nursing.
Eligibility for PPWFC Job Seekers assistance:
- Must set up an account in www.connectingcolorado.com
- Must be U.S. Citizen or eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- If male born on or after January 1, 1960, must have registered for Selective Service
- Must be a resident of El Paso or Teller County
- Must have financial need for tuition assistance but have means to manage personal expenses while in school
- Education/training program must be approved on Colorado Department of Labor's Eligible Training List (https://eligibility.coworkforce.com/eligibility).
- Must be within 18 months or 3 semesters of completing education/training program and have at least a 2.0 GPA (Not applicable for truck driving program)
- Veterans and eligible spouses receive priority
The Pikes Peak Workforce Center Facebook Page
Stay connected. Receive young adult related updates and news about the local job market, job hunt tips, workshops, job fair dates and much more. Click here to like and follow our page!