Frequently Asked Questions


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) by other job seekers.

Below are some frequently asked questions that other job seekers have had.

Who is eligible to register with PPWFC?
Any citizen or legal resident of the U.S., 14 years old and over is eligible to register with PPWFC.
Why should I register with PPWFC?
The number one reason to use PPWFC's services is to find a job, or a better job. We offer many services for job seekers including automatic job matching from a statewide database, an on-site resource room with computers, fax machines, telephones and copy machines, various networking groups for job seekers of all skill levels, on-site job fairs and hiring events and workshops ranging from learning new computer skills to writing a new resume. And, best of all, all of our services are free of charge. To create an account in Connecting Colorado, the state database,
If I already have an account in Connecting Colorado, do I need to update my account after I file an unemployment claim?
Yes, you must update your account in Connecting Colorado when filing an unemployment claim, regardless of your previous registration.
Please note that if you have previously registered with any workforce center in the state of Colorado, at any time, you will only be able to update your existing account. You will not be able to create a new account.
How do I get to PPWFC?
Directions:  Take the I-25, Garden of the Gods exit 146 and head west. Go west for about 1.6 miles; turn left into the El Paso County Citizens Service Center; park in the parking garage on the west side of the building; enter the building from the west across from the parking garage.  PPWFC is on the first floor in Suite 1107. Use the Metro Transit's website to determine the bus route to get to our new location (1675 Garden of the Gods Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80907).  Simply enter your address (or where you are coming from) and where you are going; what time you'd like to depart; and it'll do the rest. Plan options will be given to you including fare cost; transfers needed; and when and where you'll be catching each leg of your trip!
What resources are available on-site at PPWFC?
PPWFC offers a variety of services to assist with your employment search. These services include 19 instructor-lead job seeker workshops to prepare you for future opportunities, a staffed, job seeker-focussed resource room with computers with internet access, fax machines, copiers, telephones and valuable job search manuals. Most importantly, an Adult Information Session where attendees are screened for eligibility to receive individual counseling for career discovery and job search assistance.
How can I get my High School Equivalency (GED)?
PPWFC offers pre-testing and referral services for the High School Equivalency (GED).
1. Register with Connecting Colorado online or at PPWFC.
2. Attend a TABE Assessment session at PPWFC. TABE is the Test of Adult Basic Education, which determines your current skills level in reading and math. Registration is required. For dates and to register, please click here. If you have questions, please call 719-667-3750.
TABE is the Test of Adult Basic Education and will determine your current skills level in reading and math. No registration is required. If you have questions, please call 719-667-3750. 3. Based on the results of your TABE Assessment, you will be referred to take the High School Equivalency (GED) Practice test at PPWFC or to High School Equivalency (GED) training and testing programs in the Colorado Springs community. The TABE is administered prior to the High School Equivalency (GED) Practice test because it identifies specific skill areas that need improvement which assists us in the referral and placement process.
4. A packet of community resources for High School Equivalency (GED) testing and preparation is also available at the PPWFC front desk.
How do I apply for tuition assistance?
Grant funding for tuition assistance is available through PPWFC and the Workforce Innnovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) for eligible El Paso andTeller county residents. To review specific eligibility requirements, visit our Funds for Training page on our web site.
Please note that educational programs must be approved through the Eligible Training Providers list and you must be registered with PPWFC to qualify for tuition assistance.
I forgot my password to Connecting Colorado, how can I reset it?
There are two ways to reset your password with Connecting Colorado.
1. On the Returning Job Seeker Login screen, click Forgot Password. You will be asked your security question and if answered correctly your password will be sent to the e-mail address on file with Connecting Colorado.
2. If you do not have an e-mail address or you do not receive the e-mail, call PPWFC at 719.667.3700. Our staff will gladly assist you with resetting your password.
How do I obtain proof of my Workforce Center registration?
Official proof of registration can only be obtained in person at the Citizens Service Center, 1675 Garden of the Gods Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80907. You must have a valid photo ID.
What is a valid job contact?
A valid job contact means you have completed specific job-search activities that may lead to a new job and that can be verified by the Division of Unemployment Insurance. Here are some examples of a single and appropriate job contact: - Submitting an online application or resume for a specific job. - Interviewing for a job or attending a second job interview. - Completing testing required by an employer for a job. - Submitting a paper application for a specific job and/or employer. Note 1: For every job contact, you must keep a verifiable list of: - The date of the activity or action taken (month, day, and year). - The type of job-search activity taken (for example, application, test, interview, etc.) - How you applied for the position (for example, online, in-person, submitted through a job board, e-mail, etc.). - The type of work you are seeking. - The person you contacted, along with a telephone number, email address, or other reliable contact information. Note 2: If you are a Colorado resident you must make 5 job contacts per week unless this has been officially changed by your local workforce center. If you live outside the state of Colorado you must make 3 job contacts per week. *Download a work-search log at
What additional resources are available in the Pikes Peak region to assist me in my job hunt?
To find additional community resources including the El Paso County Department of Human Services, the Colorado Department of Vocational rehabilitation and various community organizations, dial 2-1-1.
How can I file an unemployment claim?
To file an unemployment claim with the State of Colorado, go to